Thursday, July 30, 2009

4 months old already

I am sure I have begun every post by saying that I cannot believe how big my little boy is getting. But I cannot believe how big he is getting. The other day Jermaine and I looked at pictures of when we first brought him home. He was so tiny. And now he is 14 pounds 12 ounces and 25 inches long. Of course when we took Josiah in for his 4 month check up, Jermaine came out and announced that our son was 65 inches long. I was pretty impressed that my four month old was over 5 feet tall. 65 centimeters...65 inches...no big difference between the two.

Josiah is getting more and more active everyday. He really started rolling over at the beginning of the month. Before that he would occasionally roll from his belly to his back and even more rarely from his back to his belly. But something about his visit to Kansas changed all of that. Maybe it was being confined in his car seat for 6 hours, but whatever it was as soon as we arrived in Wichita, he started rolling everywhere. We could not keep him on his mat.

July began with a trip to Wichita to visit Aunt Loni and Great Grammy and then we continued to Nebraska to see all of my family. Josiah just watched and absorbed as much love and attention as he could from all of his aunts, uncles and cousins and of course from Grandma and Papa Bob. On our return trip from Nebraska, Josiah got to meet his Great Aunt Sissy and his second cousins, as well as lots of Jermaine's friends from high school and college and even the Disney Store. Josiah's first trip to Nebraska came with a trip to the Henry Doorly Zoo, my favorite zoo, and Godfather's Pizza, my favorite pizza. He also got to see fireworks for the first time.

Josiah is learning so much these days. He has taught himself how to squeal/scream. He discovered he could while laughing at all of the silly things Jermaine and I do and now does it on a regular basis. He has also learned that if he bonks his head, Mommy will laugh. The other day, Jermaine was holding our squirmy little man, when he accidentally bonked his head on Jermaine's computer. The look on his face was priceless and it made me laugh. So he tried doing it again. And then in his crib

Josiah has also learned to give kisses. Josiah kisses are the best kisses in the world. They are a bit slobbery, but still very sweet. When Jermaine are sitting next to one another, Josiah will take turns giving us kisses it is the best family time there is. Of course, Jermaine gets a little bit jealous when I get more kisses. Or when Josiah acts like he is going to give Jermaine a kiss and quickly turns his head to give me a kiss instead.

There is so much more, but I think I should go ahead and publish this post. As it is, it has taken me 5 days to write. I will try to do better.

No comments: