I am not even sure where to begin. Life has been crazy since the last time I updated my blog. I went back to work three weeks ago. Josiah is staying at a church very near my school, which is very convenient because I can go see him during my lunch break. He had absolutely no problems adjusting. I on the other hand cried the first few days and have very bad days when I don't get to go see him at lunch. And I probably won't get a chance to go see him much these last two weeks of school because of the amount of paperwork I need to get done at work.
Last weekend, we took Josiah on his first rode trip. Uncle Ben graduated from OU and we drove to Norman to celebrate. For the most part he did an excellent job during the drive. It was after the drive that he got angry. After being in the car all day he was not a happy camper. But he did get to see lots of family. And he talked and smiled a lot for his Grammy and Great Grammy.
I cannot believe that our little man is already two months old. I was pretty proud of how well he handled his first set of booster shots. He only cried for a few minutes, just long enough for me to walk to the car and start driving and then he was out. Jermaine came with me, which was a wonderful blessing. Because as always it is harder for me than it is for Josiah. He weighs 11lbs 14 oz and was 23.3 inches long. The doc says he is just a little above average. Judging from the kids in his daycare class, he is way under average. He is by far the least round baby in that room. He is also the youngest by 4 days. The doctor gave us exercises to do with him, because he favors his left side a lot and is always looking in that direction. As a result the back of his head on the left hand side is getting a little flat. So now we exercise his neck a couple of times a day and try to put the things he is looking at on his right.
The most exciting thing about this week for me is that Jermaine and I were able to make Josiah laugh. I have heard him laugh in his sleep several times. And now we have heard him laugh while he was awake. He is still kind of shy about laughing for us. I cannot wait until he is laughing all of the time. I am pretty sure he is tired of me tickling him in my attempts to hear his laugh. The attached video is only of him talking to us. Hopefully, we will capture his laugh on video soon.
Tonight he gets to go to his first choir banquet. He just fell asleep, so if he takes a good nap, he should be happy for all of the high schoolers.
.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is hilarious! The FACE he makes when Jermaine shakes the bed is priceless! (Jennifer Null)
Post a Comment