So I didn't have to wait to meet my new niece. Claire Jula was born at 7 in the morning of the day I was leaving. I got to see, but not hold the little butterball. She weighed 8 lbs 14.8oz at birth. She is now 9lbs 5oz. I was lucky enough to see her right after she was born, but because she was having trouble adjusting to her new environment she was taken to the nursery before I got to hold her. She is doing just fine now. I had hoped to get to see her again later that day before I had to leave, but sometimes life does not work out the way we plan.
Renata and I were rear ended after leaving the hospital. We are both okay, but her car is still in the shop. Being 7 months pregnant at the time, I wanted to make sure Josiah was okay. So I got to ride in an ambulance. It is a slightly embarrassing experience when you are pretty much okay. When I got to the hospital they hooked me up to a fetal monitor and Josiah was fine. Except he wouldn't stay still long enough for them to get a sustained heart rate. He doesn't so much like being still. The monitor showed I was having contractions. They turned out to be Braxton Hicks contractions but I got to stay in the hospital for 5 hours and have another ultrasound. Which I didn't mind at all. I loved getting to see my son again. Jermaine was disappointed that they didn't give us pictures. I am slightly concerned that Josiah is going to have ginormous lips, however. The close up I saw of my little one would definitely support some stereotypes. And I wish I were exaggerating. We also learned that he is in the 76th percentile for weight. So we know he is growing and above average. But I am still holding out hope that I will be able to have a drug free birth and a large baby is not going to help me out in that endevour.
Jermaine and I are slowly getting prepared for our new arrival. He have started to accumulate quite a bit of baby stuff. But since we have decided to move in March when our lease is up, I haven't set anything up yet. Right now it doesn't make sense to set up the nursery. So we just continue to pile everything in the guest room.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment