How is it that something tha weighs only 7 ounces can make my stomach stick out so much? At 18 weeks the baby is about 5 1/2 inches long from crown to rump or about the size of a bell pepper or a sweet potato. I love the way different websites compare the size of babies to a vegetable or fruit. My stomach is definately growing every day. My shopping trip for maternity pants was highly unsuccessful last week. But I did buy a belly band, which has got to be the best invention ever. I can wear my own pants and NOT button them. The person who came up with this was a genius. I will be wearing it every Thanksgiving, pregnant or not. I am going to attempt to find jeans again this weekend. Hopefully I will have more luck.
Everyday I am more and more certain I can feel the baby move. Despite what my sisters think and all the books say, I know it is not gas. It is either the baby moving or my internal organs doing flipflops. But it is NOT gas. After having my gallbladder out a few years ago, I have become one with my body and know when my stomach is not happy with me. Speaking of unhappy stomachs, I have for unknown reasons thrown up twice this week. Which may be more information than you want to read. But I find it very bizarre that I only threw up twice in my entire first trimester and have thrown up twice in a week.
Jermaine and I have two more weeks before we find out if we are having a boy or girl. Family members will have to watch their mail to find out and the rest of you will find out in November once all the grandmas and grandpas and aunts and uncles know.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment